Bob – NY
We could tell Bob and his wife had real gumption. The two were searching for a weather-resistant railing system for their forest-facing deck, and one which they could install themselves. Bob had only very limited prior contracting experience, but being a Professor of Forest Policy and his wife being the owner of a Desktop Publishing Company – they decided to take to it with a can do attitude and handle the entire install without any professional help.
When Bob arrived he had already done his homework and was ready for us with great questions and our official quote request form already filled out. The Inline Design quote request form is useful for all parties involved in planning as it includes a section for parts requested as well as a graphed floorplan for measurements and diagrams. Whether working alone or with a contractor this is a great place to get started.
Bob’s lovely home in upstate New York seems pulled from a fable. It lies in a glen surrounded by shade, set against the beautiful backdrop of forest and flower. The 2nd story backyard deck has clean, slate grey wooden flooring and matching light grey house paint accented by white and charcoal trim. The stage was set with just one piece missing. The deck simply needed a transparent railing solution which would not detract from any of the surrounding beauty.
They decided on the:
- Side Mounted Round Inside Corner Posts
- Round Side Mounted Outside Corner Posts, Fascia Middle Posts, End Post Tensioner
- Closed End Caps for the bottom w/ Extra Curved End Cap for the other end of their railing where it met a 4′ high wall.
- Also the “Tap Drill Metric Hss Spiral Fluted M35 Triangle Shank Cobalt Twist” Drill Kit to drill and tap the railings.
We sent along a full set of helpful DIY instructions, guides, links, and installation videos to aid in project.
Outdoor corossion being a concern, Bob was pleased to learn:
- Inline Design railing systems and components are comprised of the highest quality marine-grade AISI 316 Stainless Steel
- All steel is naturally corrosive, but 316 Stainless Steel has a higher concentration of molybdenum, a ductil silver-white metal which is highly resistant to pitting, corrosion, and temperature
- Suitable for indoor, outdoor, and beach front property. 316 Stainless is considered an excellent choice for applications within five miles of salt water due to it’s enhanced corrosion resistence
- Our railing systems can be further corrosion-proofed using our passivation solution to clean the railings immediately after installation and on a bi-yearly or twice yearly application schedule depending on climate and conditions
After returning from a fishing vacation, Bob forwarded us some fantastic pictures of their new railing system and took advantage of our free shipping rebate. He even offered to provide us a narrative emphasizing the ease of installation his wife and he were able to achieve while installing the system by themselves. Thanks Bob, we’re just happy to know you’re happy. Look at that deck!
Request our help for your own deck railing